The 2019 Kia Sportage Technology Features
Part of finding your next car is getting a better sense of its sophisticated features. Vehicles today have a bevy of impressive technology features that provide entertainment, convenience, and security to your experiences on the road. The 2019 Kia Sportage technology features are quite impressive, so at The Kia Store, we’re here to shed some light for drivers in Louisville, Elizabethtown, and Clarksville to help them get a better sense of the technology features and their options.
Keep reading to learn all about the Sportage technology so you can decide if it’s what you’re looking for in your next car!
Related Post: 2019 Kia Sportage Review
Kia Sportage Entertainment Technology
The 2019 Sportage technology starts out with the 5-inch dashboard-mounted touchscreen, which allows you to access your assortment of audio entertainment from the AM/FM radio, MP3 player, or some stations from SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, which is offered as a 3-month trial subscription. The screen doubles for the Rear-Camera Display, which adds ease and precision to backing in and out of tight spaces
The base Sportage offers optional upgrades while the higher trims include some impressive technology as standard features. The EX trim includes the UVO 7-inch touchscreen while the SX Turbo trim includes the 8-inch UVO touchscreen that comes with Voice-Command Navigation, SiriusXM® Traffic, and HD Radio™. These trims also add Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™, which integrate your smartphone into the touchscreen to provide easy access to your apps, contacts, and libraries.
Convenience Technology Features
The Sportage includes several technology features that provide convenience and ease for your adventures on the road. The Day/Night Rearview Mirror helps reduce the strain on your eyes from headlights coming in through the rear. The vehicle also includes steering wheel-mounted controls for audio levels, Bluetooth®, and even cruise control. The EX and SX Turbo trims include the Smart Key with Push-Button Start and Immobilizer, to add ease when you’re entering/exiting your vehicle.
Available Driver-Assistance Technology
The EX and SX Turbo trims offer some driver-assistance to the Kia Sportage technology suite. These features use sensors that are mounted to the vehicle, which are used to measure distance and speed, as well as detect the likelihood of a collision. These features include:
- Blind Spot Detection- This feature uses side-mounted sensors to detect vehicles approaching your blind spot to let you know when the coast is clear to change lanes.
- Lane Change Assist- This feature aids the BSD to warn you if vehicles are approaching from behind.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert- When you’re backing up, this feature will detect objects or vehicles approaching your cross-path.
- Autonomous Emergency Braking– This system detects a possible collision and applies braking pressure to reduce the force of impact while giving the driver a window of opportunity to stop the vehicle (standard on SX Turbo).
- Lane Departure Warning System– When you veer from your lane, or the road, this system will warn you of a possible road departure (standard on SX Turbo).
- Parking Assist with Front & Rear Sensors- This feature provides parallel parking assistance by detecting objects to help you avoid them when parking (standard on SX Turbo).
Learn Even More About the Technology Features of the 2019 Kia Sportage
At The Kia Store, we hope that this Sportage technology review helped provide you with the insight you were looking for to learn more about this vehicle and its advanced features and systems. Of course, you can always get a better view of these features while seeing them in action at our dealership. You’ll be able to see what they add to your journeys.
Schedule a test drive with the 2019 Kia Sportage today at The Kia Store. We’re here to help drivers in Louisville, Elizabethtown, and Clarksville in learning more about their favorite vehicles.