Kia Forte Dashboard Symbols
If you’re driving your Kia Forte through the streets of Louisville, Elizabethtown, or Clarksville and you see a dashboard light come on, you may be concerned about what it can mean for your Kia vehicle. Though many of your dashboard light symbols are designed to alert you to the activation or proper function of your Kia vehicle’s systems, some are used to warn you of a potential malfunction.
Fortunately, our Kia Forte dashboard light guide can provide you with insight about your Kia vehicle’s most common dashboard light symbols and what to do if you see one come on.
Learn more about the 2019 Kia Forte’s Technology Features!
Dashboard Warning Lights
A dashboard warning light is used to alert you to a malfunction or problem with one of your Kia vehicle’s systems. These lights should always be checked by your service technician to be sure your Kia vehicle is safe and functional.
- Malfunction light: This light is your check engine light and could indicate a variety of problems, ranging from problems with your emissions system to a loose fuel cap. This light requires immediate attention.
- Electronic power steering light: This light looks like a steering wheel with an exclamation point and monitors your power steering system. Though you’ll still be able to steer your Kia vehicle if your power steering fails, you’ll find it more difficult, so it’s important to visit a service center as soon as possible.
- Charging system warning light: This light looks like a battery and signals that either a battery or your charging system isn’t working properly. When this occurs, you can end up with a Kia vehicle that won’t start, so be sure to have it checked by a technician.
- Brake fluid light: The brake fluid light has a P, an exclamation point, and BRAKE in one symbol and monitors your brake fluid. This light can illuminate for multiple reasons, so it’s vital to have it checked by a technician.
A dashboard indicator light is less serious than a dashboard warning light, as they’re usually on to let you know one of your systems is active and engaged.
- Eco light: When you see the word ECO illuminate, it indicates that your ECO system is active and engaged, making your Kia vehicle more efficient.
- Cruise control light: The cruise control light is the word CRUISE and lets you know that your cruise control is activated. This light isn’t a concern unless it comes on unexpectedly.
- Fog lights: This light is a headlight with diagonal lines and a wavy, vertical line. This light indicates that your fog lights are on and functional.
Visit Our Service Center
In this dashboard light guide, we’ve covered the most common dashboard light symbols to provide you with some information about this vital safety feature of your Kia Forte, but there are many more lights to learn. If you see a light come on and you’re unsure of what it means, you can consult your owner’s manual to get more information.
If you’re in the area of Louisville, Elizabethtown, or Clarksville, feel free to visit the service center at The Kia Store to speak with a technician about your service lights and schedule your Forte’s service appointment!